Tuesday, August 25, 2009

That's My King





This is a clip from a sermon from the great late Pastor S.M. Lockridge. My dad showed it to me many years ago and this one has been updated to include scenes from Mel Gibson's movie The Passion of the Christ. The words and character of God are so powerful....truths I seem to forget so easily. This past Sunday, our Pastor challenged us with the thought or reminder that we are always always in the realm of the Spiritual supernatural only our eyes are too dull to see it. He sighted the scripture from 2 Kings 6 when Elisha was surrounded by a vast army of war horses and chariots from the king of Syria. Naturally, Elisha's people were afraid at what seemed to be their impending destruction. Elisha, however remained confident in the Lord's deliverance and urged them not to be afraid. Next, he prayed that the Lord would please open the eyes of his very worried servant that he may see. "So the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw, and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha."



The supernatural army of God armed and ready to do battle on behalf of God's children. I don't know why, but that struck me. I have thought alot about that this week and one of my prayers has been that I would see God's hand in the mundane. After all, if we are constantly dwelling in the realm of the Spirit world....could He...could He possibly be present in my daily toils? The laundry, the diapering, the retrieving of legos from air vents and crayons stuck to a sticky floor. What purpose could my day possibly have that would be big enough to evoke the presence of God Almighty? I don't know. But I do know I experienced Him today in worship through the reminder of who He is in this S.M. Lockridge sermonette. May you watch it and be blessed as well.



That's My King~



Heather





1 comments:

th77hunter said...

Awesome! Very encouraging to be reminding that He is present here with us at home as we do the mundane!!! I needed to hear that today! Thanks for the recipe-can't wait to try it. Sure, you can link our blog to yours. I would love to do the same with yours.