Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A New Name

We decided it was time for me to get back to blogging. After a long stretch of silence, I am glad to start up again~maybe this way I will remember something about my kids childhood! Upon trying to find my own blog, I googled "a quiver full" and to my horror  astonishment, I found that there is a whole movement/lifestyle widely known as the quiver full movement. Once I got over the shock of it all, it was really funny. I'll spare the details but it basically demonizes any form of birth control. Enough said. SOOOOOOO. I have a new blog name and address..."Its NUTS at the Sachs House."

And that it is -Nuts at our house and pretty much wherever we go. Like yesterday. I was a single mom for a few days and we were running out of milk and diapers fast. Our 2 yr old- affectionately known as the "Bud"- didn't get a nap. One child had gymnastics and another  had soccer. In the midst of the carting them from one destination to the other, I committed a cardinal sin of motherhood: The grocery store. All five animals precious lambs. At supper time. WHAT IN THE (insert explicative) WAS I THINKING?

The show started in the parking lot as the Bud  began crying and begging to ride in the "bye bye buggy" (one of those big honkin' grocery carts with steering wheels mounted on them for unruly children like mine). I hate 'em...its like pushing a train and I never fail to knock at least one display over. Not only that, but the baby's pumpkin seat won't fit which means we have to use 2 buggies. Jman and E started fighting over who would push the baby, Jeremiah stepped on Bruiser's flip-flopped clad feet with his cleats so then I had two wailing kids. The baby got startled so 3  there were screaming and I hadn't even gotten out of the parking lot. We made it to the door with me carrying Bruiser in one arm, pushing the baby in the buggy with the other, while J and E fought pushing the bye-bye buggy. I'm tired just thinking about it. 
We got inside Publix and they began the hungry whine...."Momma, we're STARVING. The least you could do is let us get a free cookie." Ugh. J ate his, E had hers-I told the other 2 they needed to wait til dinner. The Bud looked straight at me and shoved it in his mouth begging for more...nasty brown drool running down his chubby chin. We made it to isle 2 before he reached over yanked his sister's cookie out of her hands and crammed it in his mouth. More wailing. You should have seen the stares I got! As if we were a freak show or something. 

I was so done. To all the audience gawking at my fiasco, I just wanted to calmly say: "Yes,I've got my hands full. Yes, we could have our own basketball team. No, I am not babysitting any extra kids and Yes. I do know how "that" happens....
Pardon me? Do I realize my 2 yr old is standing up in the buggy? Why, yes, I do. And if I'm lucky he might fall and get knocked out (but not really hurt) for just about 5 minutes so I have won't have to hear him scream! Now leave me alone, kind Publix patrons!"

But I refrained. And that is all I want to remember about yesterday. Whew.

More Grace, Lord! More Grace!!!!

3 comments:

Design A-Peele said...

Thank you sooo much Heather! I am so encouraged by everyone around me. I honestly can't believe I've been called to something so great. Seems like it will never happen. But I am trusting (trying) that whatever happens is whats best for Matt and I. Thank you so much for praying for us. I feel so loved knowing I have friends around me praying.

SOOO glad you are back to blogging. I died laughing at my desk this morning when I read "Do I realize my 2 yr old is standing up in the buggy? Why, yes, I do. And if I'm lucky he might fall and get knocked out". You are too funny. Thanks for being so real. It's good for me to read things like that to know what motherhood can be like at times. I romantisize it A LOT!! Knowing full and well its tough. Love you Heather!!

Megan Carson said...

So glad you're blogging again...I miss you!

April Barber said...

So glad you are back. I love reading your thoughts. Miss you!