Saturday, January 24, 2009

I feel full.




Do you ever just feel full? Not like, "i overate at thanksgiving" full, but full of gratitude? Thankfulness.? Blessed and perplexed by the grace of God poured out over you?

I don't always feel this way in my sin and selfishness, but tonight I do. I am overwhelmed at the thought that Christ redeemed me. He bought me with a price while I was yet still a sinner. I am blown away at how He has not given me what I deserved, but instead given me abundant life and life to the full!
I am amazed that in spite of some really stupid choices I made in my youth, the Lord protected me and blessed me with the Godliest man I've never known. Not Godly because he is perfect, but because he's courageous enough to face the sin and crap in his life and fall before the throne of grace in his time of mercy and need. I am amazed at work the Lord has done in our marriage....how He redeems what "the locusts have eaten"....and heals the broken places.
I am in awe at the beautiful, healthy children running around our house....the sound of feet on the wood floors we once thought we'd never hear.
I am full of thanksgiving for my family that has given me such Godly heritage and whom I am so proud of....who continues to show courage in the face of much opposition and who each faithfully walks with the Lord.
I am so very full of gratitude for our new church and our Pastor who shepherds us so faithfully and challenges us week after week.
I am so thankful for dear dear friends that pray with me, laugh with me, cry with me and go through "life" with me.

Yes. I feel very full tonight and just wanted to leave myself this "crumb" for the path, if you will. For I know all to well that feelings are fickle and self pity, fear and doubt will all wage war against me tomorrow and I want to remember this moment of feasting in the abundance of His goodness.
I want to close with a verse from my favorite song...it's my mantra, I guess. The Passion band performs my favorite version of it...Praise to the Lord the Almighty:


Praise to the Lord who over all things so wondrously reigneth....
Shelters me under His wings He so gently sustaineth....
And has thou not seen, How every desire has b
een....
granted in what He ordaineth.....Halle
lujah. Hallelujah....Hallelujah.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Heather! I love seeing your family grow too. I just wish I could actually see y'all... maybe one day. Our address is 1814 Arlington Ave. Louisville, KY 40206. Love you so much!

Anonymous said...

beautiful, Heather, I love your heart.

steadfast said...

Heather, the extravagant grace of God flows from your writing. Those who walk closest to the Savior's heart express His presence with the clearest passion. Can't wait to read your next blog. A fellow pilgrim

Heather said...

Steadfast, I couldn't find your blog to reply there, so I will say thank you here. Thank you for your kind words. You must have the gift of encouragement. I only wish for a closer walk with my Savior. Thank you again for your comment. And I would love for you to blog if you don't have one already:)
Blessed,
Heather