
Wow. I really struggle with computers. Don't know what just happened, but managed to post a random grouping of letters. I was trying to type and nothing was showing up so as I banged on the keys in no particular order, hehe he was what came out! Almost like this stupid machine was mocking me...oh well, at least it wasn't an explicative! Jokes on me!
Anywho. I've decided something about myself. My blogging is in direct correlation to my lifestyle or habits....If bloggers had sub-types, I would fall into the "binge blogger" group!! It's feast or famine with me! Maybe this will serve as a warning that my posts may be few and far between, but sit down with some no-doze when it comes because it's gonna be a long one! :)
I so want to be a disciplined person....feet on the floor 6:00 a.m., showered and fixed hair complete with make-up and a fashionable outfit,wonderful time of prayer and bible reading, hot breakfasts for the family,no tardies for my orderly children, never miss a work out, a spotless house, perfectly manicured yard, a clean shiny mini-van Ha! 4 course meal on table each night, followed by bathed kids hopping in bed at 7:30 sharp! Wa-la!
***********************************Yeah, right.
My life is more like this: feet on the floor at 6:55 (b/c that's the absolute latest I can get up and be on-time) who cares about a shower! Hair in pony-tail, whatever make up I find is fished out after the girls have played in it and a fashionable outfit-unless a stain of orange carrots on my boob is an accessory, why ruin something cute? As for prayer-it consists mostly of Dear Lord, help us! There are melt downs happening all around, Jud is having breakfast off the floor where the kids dropped their fruity cheerios (and please don't let him choke, Lord) scramble out of the door running for the car while cramming a bow in Ellie's hair and smoothing Jeremiah's duck tail down in back....Bruiser is lost in the rapidly growing weeds on the way to the car and my daily workout consists of dragging her and her "treasures" ( -today its rocks. Not pebbles. Rocks-small boulders.) to and from all the places we go in between. If french fries, coke, cheeseburger and apple pie is a 4 course meal, then I've got that covered, but as for the rest....it's just a joke. I think you get the point.
I'm learning, though, that there is a flip side to not being so disciplined and scheduled that's rather blissful. Well, maybe not blissful but comical and never dull-nonetheless.
Case in point:
1.If I were disciplined and awoke early, I'd miss the opportunity to hear my 3 year old pitter-pat down the hall, proudly waking us up in the a.m. and proclaiming that my husband has "horse-breath"!
2.While fishing the rocks from the gas fire-place out of the baby's mouth, i might not have noticed those FOUR big new teeth he seemed to have acquired over-night.
3. My clean house that gets messy in 2.2minutes provides a never-ending source of joy for finding new treasures that had once thought to be gone forever! The barbie stiletto, the brown hair polly pocket, a leapster game hidden under the couch, and hallelujah! A passie!!! It's fun to see little faces light up like Christmas in September!
4. If my yard were manicured, that would be boring....after all, a highlight of last week was my sister-in-law killing a real live rattlesnake!!!! in the yard complete with chicken little (me) on back up with the rake in case she missed with the shovel. Big fun! We were heroes for the day and our status even carried on to school as kindergarten and 1st grade heard all about the adventure.
5.If my children were orderly and disciplined as well, then the house would be quiet in the afternoons as little ones napped and older ones had room time. Instead, the baby, (who thankfully can sleep through a hurricane) does nap while all around him a transformation is going on. Peter Pevensie makes a visit and fights the white witch complete with costume and sword. I hear a loud thud and assume the white witch was dealt her fatal blow. Meanwhile down the hall, the princesses are having a party. Belle and Cinderella are having tea -that quickly turns into a cat fight-the remedy; a change of clothes. Next, enters Tinkerbell as she attempts to "fly" by jumping from bed to bed. (I wondered how long it would take them to realize their beds were within jumping distance). If we were disciplined, things would be quiet alright, but we might miss the celebrities that visit our house at unexpected times!
6. And, last, I'd miss the opportunity to have my very own Picasso Painting. Yes. Picasso. With a touch of Van Gough. After Tinkerbell and "Genevieve" -from the 12 dancing princesses-were separated for their antics, Tink (aka Saddler) was sent to the spare bedroom to rest and have a time out. Unbeknownst to me, the Benjamin Moore paint samples we'd been trying out were stored in there...at eye level for a 3 year old. Suddenly, the walls were a blank canvas just waiting to be transformed! And transformed they were....along with the carpet and baseboards and purple tutu that she happened to be wearing. Nice. Dill Pickle green everywhere. Our very own art. (I'll try to download pictures later) Quite comical. All I could do was take a picture and start scrubbing. What more can you say? One day, I'll miss those little hand prints that are displayed so proudly in lime green.
In the meantime though, maybe a little discipline on our lives wouldn't be so bad after all! (said with a wink and a smile) !
I want to close with a favorite poem of mine. It comes from the book A Mother's Heart by Jean Flemming.
"Now is the time to get things done....
wade in the water,
sit in the sun,
squish my toes
in the mud by the door,
explore the world in a boy just four.
Now is the time to study books,
flowers,
snails,
how a cloud looks;
to ponder "up",
where God sleeps nights,
why mosquitoes take such big bites.
Later there'll be time
to sew and clean,
paint the hall
that soft new green,
to make new drapes,
refinish the floor--
Later on....when he's not just four.
Irene Foster
Pulls those heart-strings, huh? This has been a comfort to me-the disciplined wanna-be-on days like I've had recently. Hope it gives you "hope" as well!
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."
Romans 15:13
Anywho. I've decided something about myself. My blogging is in direct correlation to my lifestyle or habits....If bloggers had sub-types, I would fall into the "binge blogger" group!! It's feast or famine with me! Maybe this will serve as a warning that my posts may be few and far between, but sit down with some no-doze when it comes because it's gonna be a long one! :)
I so want to be a disciplined person....feet on the floor 6:00 a.m., showered and fixed hair complete with make-up and a fashionable outfit,wonderful time of prayer and bible reading, hot breakfasts for the family,no tardies for my orderly children, never miss a work out, a spotless house, perfectly manicured yard, a clean shiny mini-van Ha! 4 course meal on table each night, followed by bathed kids hopping in bed at 7:30 sharp! Wa-la!
***********************************Yeah, right.
My life is more like this: feet on the floor at 6:55 (b/c that's the absolute latest I can get up and be on-time) who cares about a shower! Hair in pony-tail, whatever make up I find is fished out after the girls have played in it and a fashionable outfit-unless a stain of orange carrots on my boob is an accessory, why ruin something cute? As for prayer-it consists mostly of Dear Lord, help us! There are melt downs happening all around, Jud is having breakfast off the floor where the kids dropped their fruity cheerios (and please don't let him choke, Lord) scramble out of the door running for the car while cramming a bow in Ellie's hair and smoothing Jeremiah's duck tail down in back....Bruiser is lost in the rapidly growing weeds on the way to the car and my daily workout consists of dragging her and her "treasures" ( -today its rocks. Not pebbles. Rocks-small boulders.) to and from all the places we go in between. If french fries, coke, cheeseburger and apple pie is a 4 course meal, then I've got that covered, but as for the rest....it's just a joke. I think you get the point.
I'm learning, though, that there is a flip side to not being so disciplined and scheduled that's rather blissful. Well, maybe not blissful but comical and never dull-nonetheless.
Case in point:
1.If I were disciplined and awoke early, I'd miss the opportunity to hear my 3 year old pitter-pat down the hall, proudly waking us up in the a.m. and proclaiming that my husband has "horse-breath"!
2.While fishing the rocks from the gas fire-place out of the baby's mouth, i might not have noticed those FOUR big new teeth he seemed to have acquired over-night.
3. My clean house that gets messy in 2.2minutes provides a never-ending source of joy for finding new treasures that had once thought to be gone forever! The barbie stiletto, the brown hair polly pocket, a leapster game hidden under the couch, and hallelujah! A passie!!! It's fun to see little faces light up like Christmas in September!
4. If my yard were manicured, that would be boring....after all, a highlight of last week was my sister-in-law killing a real live rattlesnake!!!! in the yard complete with chicken little (me) on back up with the rake in case she missed with the shovel. Big fun! We were heroes for the day and our status even carried on to school as kindergarten and 1st grade heard all about the adventure.
5.If my children were orderly and disciplined as well, then the house would be quiet in the afternoons as little ones napped and older ones had room time. Instead, the baby, (who thankfully can sleep through a hurricane) does nap while all around him a transformation is going on. Peter Pevensie makes a visit and fights the white witch complete with costume and sword. I hear a loud thud and assume the white witch was dealt her fatal blow. Meanwhile down the hall, the princesses are having a party. Belle and Cinderella are having tea -that quickly turns into a cat fight-the remedy; a change of clothes. Next, enters Tinkerbell as she attempts to "fly" by jumping from bed to bed. (I wondered how long it would take them to realize their beds were within jumping distance). If we were disciplined, things would be quiet alright, but we might miss the celebrities that visit our house at unexpected times!
6. And, last, I'd miss the opportunity to have my very own Picasso Painting. Yes. Picasso. With a touch of Van Gough. After Tinkerbell and "Genevieve" -from the 12 dancing princesses-were separated for their antics, Tink (aka Saddler) was sent to the spare bedroom to rest and have a time out. Unbeknownst to me, the Benjamin Moore paint samples we'd been trying out were stored in there...at eye level for a 3 year old. Suddenly, the walls were a blank canvas just waiting to be transformed! And transformed they were....along with the carpet and baseboards and purple tutu that she happened to be wearing. Nice. Dill Pickle green everywhere. Our very own art. (I'll try to download pictures later) Quite comical. All I could do was take a picture and start scrubbing. What more can you say? One day, I'll miss those little hand prints that are displayed so proudly in lime green.
In the meantime though, maybe a little discipline on our lives wouldn't be so bad after all! (said with a wink and a smile) !
I want to close with a favorite poem of mine. It comes from the book A Mother's Heart by Jean Flemming.
"Now is the time to get things done....
wade in the water,
sit in the sun,
squish my toes
in the mud by the door,
explore the world in a boy just four.
Now is the time to study books,
flowers,
snails,
how a cloud looks;
to ponder "up",
where God sleeps nights,
why mosquitoes take such big bites.
Later there'll be time
to sew and clean,
paint the hall
that soft new green,
to make new drapes,
refinish the floor--
Later on....when he's not just four.
Irene Foster
Pulls those heart-strings, huh? This has been a comfort to me-the disciplined wanna-be-on days like I've had recently. Hope it gives you "hope" as well!
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."
Romans 15:13
5 comments:
We sooo live parallel lives! I set my alarm for 6 every morning and snooze until 7. If Billy's home and we don't have anywhere to be I stay in bed a pray that everyone sleeps until 8!
Bethany
That was a really great post...You must POST pictures of Saddler's art project...I'll help you if you want. Email the pics to me...
Glad you found my blog too! I am laughing and crying at the same time as I am reading about your children. It makes me wish I was in Birmingham and could come stop by and spend the afternoon with you! As always you have amazed and encouraged me with your life. Can't wait to catch up with you soon! Love you! Mariah
You never cease to amaze me. I am so glad you are seeing all the blessings of everyday life. You are a true gift and I love you bunches. Mom
And I thought my life was hectic :)! I LOVED that poem. Thanks for sharing.
Isn't it funny how we can snap our children's heads off for walking through spilled milk, but be able to laugh and take a picture when they "repaint" a room. It's like God gives us a quick shot of patience when He knows we need it most.
Post a Comment