Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Its Raining Today....

     You know, the kind that is steady and quiet. No thunder or lightening or winds. You might even miss it if you didn't slow down to look close enough. But it is there...gray, cold and falling softly. I paused to watch it-head resting on the window for a while this afternoon. I wondered if it were symbolic of the mourning going on all around me today. This time last week hundreds of people kissed their loved ones goodnight for the last time. Husbands held their wives, last meals were cooked in kitchens, friends laughed with friends,  and children were tucked in their beds by their mommas~for the last time. No one really knew this time last week that in 24 hours their world would be drastically different. We certainly didn't. The rain fell today and tears fell too. The tornadoes are becoming old news to the media, there's always a new day new story. But the pain of all those touched by the storms is there and I don't want to miss it.

I've said I felt like my heart was torn--ripped up by the brokenness surrounding just what little I have seen with my eyes. They say that, as an athlete's muscle acquires tears when it heals-it grows back larger and stronger. My prayer is just that. May my Father heal my torn heart and make it larger with compassion and love. Stronger with faith and full of His grace....bring on the rain.

0 comments: