Reader Beware: This post contains boring material that may not make sense and will probably only be worthwhile to my daughter one day.
Sweet Ellie-girl,
How I enjoyed our time together today! There was really nothing fancy about our day other than the fact that you were such a delight to me. You had a great day at school today and promptly reported that not only did you not "lose any bears" or have to miss recess, you also didn't have to be sent to your seat during carpet time!. I am so proud. And you were proud as well...it showed in the way you walked-head held high, deliberate steps, and a sweet contentment swept across your face. I love the greeting you give baby Jud as soon as you're picked up from school! You immediately stop to tickle, kiss, or in a silly voice tell him that "his Ellie girl is back" not minding one bit that the carpool line is piling up as you entertain our little guy. I love how you shared your "pilgrim and Indian" puppets with Saddler today...your highly fashionable Pilgrim girl complete with "beautiful pink shoes" :) I love your attention to details, Ellie. I loved how you volunteered to teach Saddler everything you've learned in school and ballet. You're a natural at both.
Today after school we went to Wendys for an afternoon snack and set out to get flowers to plant for our thanksgiving guests. Upon realizing that your sister managed to get to the car with no shoes, you gladly volunteered to go back inside the house to retrieve her red clogs while she filled her little belly with chocolate frosty. At the nursery, You were so eager to help-and even collected acorns off the ground for no other reason than "that they would be a wonderful centerpiece!" You pulled the wagon around filling it with pansies, and patiently allowed Saddler to think she was "helping" as she assisted you in pushing. Once we were back at home, you sat right by me as I fed Judson his bottle, all the while rubbing and kissing his head telling me yet again how much you love our baby and how glad you are that God gave us THIS baby brother. It melts my heart to see you dote over him. As you took a turn holding him, I took the chance to tell you what a wonderful little mommy you will be one day. You were born to "mother"....dragging around a naked babydoll from the time you could tote something. It's much more fun now, to drag around Judson...your own real life doll. After putting him to bed for a nap, it was time to plant. What a little cheerleader you were....even slipping on your jeans so you could be like me! (only you added a sparkle shirt and fuchsia boots of course.) Will you always want to be like me? Sometimes I shudder at the thought of what I'm passing down to you...my harsh tone, my impatience, my mountain dew habit?? Oh how my heart longs for you to be like Jesus! And for me to be a mother that reflects Him more clearly.
You were a trooper today...Dora gardening gloves and all. :) We managed to get our little flowers into their respective pots and you loved it! Especially creating a pattern as you laid out the plants. The sun set far too soon on our afternoon and the baby cried (thanks to Jeremiah hitting a ball into his window) and supper beckoned. Off to Publix for a chicken. You wanted to go so bad, yet i needed you to stay and play with Judson while daddy talked to Uncle Big O. You clung to my legs begging to go with me and I protested. You're the best at keeping watch over your brother and secretly, I feel much better when you're around. Anyway, after tucking him in Dad's arms, I decided to jump on the opportunity to run a quick errand with you. And I am so glad I did. "Turn on Taylor Swift, Momma. I like the princess song." (You and I are closet Taylor Swift fans and we love to jam out in the van!) Over and over we listened to "Lovestory" and I watched your pretty little profile in the rear view mirror. Your so little. So very petite. Yet so grown up at the same time. We breezed through the grocery store and came home with a chicken and your favorite-blueberry Eggo's. On the way home, it was Taylor Swift again and the last song gripped my heart. Its called the Best DAy and I think it was made for us. You liked this part best so I'll write it here for you the 2 of us to remember. I love you, Ellie girl. I had the best day with you today....You have my heart! I'm so proud of you. Love, Momma.
I'm 5years old its getting cold I've got my big coat on
I hear your laugh and look up smiling at you I run and run
past the pumpkin patch and the tractor rides look now the sky is gold
I hug your legs and fall asleep on the way home
I don't know why all the trees change in the fall
I know you're not scared of anything at all
don't know if snow white's house is near or far away
but i know I had the best day with you today
******
there is a video I found from way back when I was three
you set up a paint set in the kitchen and you're talking to me
its the age of princesses and pirate ships and the seven dwarfs
daddy's smart and you're the prettiest lady in the whole wide world
now i know why all the leaves change in fall
i know you were on my side even when i was wrong
and i love you for giving me your eyes
staying back and watching me shine and i didn't know if you knew
so i'm taking this chance to say that i had the best day with you today.
The Life Only Jesus Gives
1 day ago
3 comments:
Heather...I love you and miss you desperately. I think we'd have so much fun if we lived closer!
Oh Heather!!!! This entry warms my heart and, might I add, I'm awfully partial to listening to Best Day with my mama (we have every day for the past week).
I have so enjoyed reading your entries as you always seem to write things that resonate with my spirit!!! Keep it up, Sister! You are a wonderful mother, and your words have encouraged my heart so! I love you, sweet friend!
Heather...i just now got to read this sweet post. What a great Mommy you are. Ellie is so blessed to have you as her Mommy! We had such a great time over Thanksgiving! Can't wait to spend time together again soon. Love you!
Post a Comment